The Old Baptist Church at 15th and Crump Street-as it was called at that time-was already organized when Rev. Steve Smith came to pastor in 1875. In the latter part of 1878, Rev. T. W. Wilburn was called to the pastorate. He had reorganized the church and laid the first corner stone, naming the church Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church.
In 1957, the Church was faced with a decision of relocation when the Interstate 35 Freeway was planned, it came right through the Church property at 15th and Crump Street. So in 1958 Mt. Pisgah relocated to 1801 Evans Avenue. In December 1963, the church extended the Call to Rev. Nehemiah Davis
Copyright 2011 Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church. All rights reserved.